It is currently Sep 24th, '17, 20:57

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Introduction to Storage Auctions
PostPosted: Nov 7th, '10, 16:26 

The self storage business is part of a booming industry in the United States. Companies use self storage units for storing inventory and equipment. Consumers lease storage units to make up for lack of space at home for personal items, furniture, vehicles and more.

In most states, when a lessee fails to make payment on their storage unit, the leasor retains the right to sell the contents of their unit at auction. Laws governing these sales vary from state to state. Purchasing storage units at auction can be viewed as a treasure hunt. Often these auctions can be a source for acquiring expensive items at low cost.

Our discussion forum touches on all aspects of storage auction operations. We cover legalities, locating auctions, attending, bidding tips and strategies, processing a unit and organizing your inventory, and how to sell the items you've acquired.

More in-depth information is contained within the freely available Storage Auctions Guide, located at the link shown below.

Storage-Auctions-Guide.com

Post subject: Re: Introduction to Storage Auctions
PostPosted: Apr 29th, '11, 10:27 

How does an article like this have hundreds of views with no replies? Perhaps it's just so informative that it covered all the bases. Well, at least there is one reply now.

PostPosted: Aug 25th, '11, 22:37 

Here's another reply! I am brand new to this board and looking for storage auctions in the N. Nevada and Sacramento area. Anyone with this info out there? :?: :P

PostPosted: Sep 13th, '11, 03:09 

Hello everybody! I am a newbie here. Welcome to all!

PostPosted: Nov 11th, '11, 07:16 

Yeah I agree tclane and here's another reply.

Yes indeed this is very informative and it covered all the good points of storage facilities.
I just can't stress out how important Storage Facilities are. They give you the perfect solutions for your storage needs. The auctions are also good and depending on your luck, you can get great items for a little cost or spend too much for crappy items.

:D
Miami Self Storage

PostPosted: Nov 11th, '11, 20:39 

Hi
I just got a job at OnebyOne storage and I am just surfing the web to learn more so I found this forum. Looking forward participating on this forum and learning more.

PostPosted: Nov 12th, '11, 00:57 

Welcome to both of you; it's nice to have some industry expertise around here. Please come back and post some storage auction stories if you have any. Also, be sure to check out our storage auction resources forum area. You may post a link to your businesses there, or in the regional forums, if you'd like.

PostPosted: Nov 15th, '11, 16:42 

One of the most comprehensive introductions to storage auctions. Really well written. Thanks so much for this resource.

I'm also fairly new to this forum. Just been reading through all the posts and taking it all in.

PostPosted: Nov 15th, '11, 18:14 

Hi Kenny, welcome, it's nice to have you here. The link at the end of the introduction above goes to a well-written storage auctions guide that is updated frequently. There is a lot of good information there and it's more extensive than my blurb posted here.

Please come back and tell us about your experiences at storage auctions.

PostPosted: Nov 17th, '11, 11:34 

Hunter wrote:
Hi Kenny, welcome, it's nice to have you here. The link at the end of the introduction above goes to a well-written storage auctions guide that is updated frequently. There is a lot of good information there and it's more extensive than my blurb posted here.

Please come back and tell us about your experiences at storage auctions.

Hey Hunter,

Thanks a lot. I'll definitely check that out. I'm looking for all the information I can get!